Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

September 11th 2001 is a memorable day for me and my wife. That particular day affected us as well as the world. We and another couple went to Adelaide for a holiday. On landing at the airport we drove our rented car to a time sharing apartment at Marine Cove Resort. The resort was located close to the sea in the south of Adelaide. My friend and I took turns to drive the rented car. The first two days went on well and we had good time sight seeing the city of Adelaide, Victor Harbour, Chinatown and visited an old friend living north of the city. My Australian friend had a very nice house with a garden and swimming pool which he designed and built. On the third day, 11 September 2001 it was my friend's turn to drive. He drove us to the wine region. There we saw miles and miles of vineyards on both sides of the road. We visited the wineries for wine tasting. It was not free and we had to pay a small fee. After visiting 3 winneries we were getting out of the area. Our car was approaching the main road to cross over to the opposite side of the road. Unfortunately, my friend did not see a car coming from his right and drove on. Bang! The two ladies and I in the car were knocked unconscious. We were taken to Flinders Medical Centre by an ambulance. Luckily I did not sustain any injury and was discharged the same day. My wife and my friend's wife had injuries and were hospitalised for a few days.

When we rented the car, we also bought a comprehensive insurance. Upon discharged from the hospital the bill was sent directly to the insurance company. All we did was to sign a few forms. It was a very good system which saved us a lot of inconvenience. So, it is advisable to rent a car with comprehensive insurance that includes hospitalisation.





Marine Cove Resort


After my discharged from the hospital my friend and I went back to the apartment to rest. It was about 9.30 pm that we turned on the television to watch the news channel. It showed live reporting that New York World Trade Centre was attacked and burning. Then I saw second plane flew in and targetted the second twin tower. Both buildings were inflamed with intense smokes. We were shocked beyond words and glued our eyes to the tv watching the burning towers with people falling to their death and the final collapsed of the two buildings.

When our wives were discharged from the hospital we had to head for home the next day. It is already 9 years since the accident. We hope to visit Adelaide again with our wives.







With an old friend


Adelaide Chinatown


A town in South Australia


A harbour in Adelaide


Granite Island in background


A tram car using horse power



A Chinese restaurant

No comments: